NOTICE: CYBER CRIMINALS ARE USING FAKE JOB LISTINGS TO TARGET APPLICANTS’ PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION, EUREKA MULTIFAMILY GROUP WILL NOT USE AN APP TO COMMUNICATE WITH POTENTIAL CANDIDATES, SCHEDULE INTERVIEWS THROUGH AN APP OR OTHERWISE COMMUNICATE VIA APPS OR TEXT MESSAGING. ALSO PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT EUREKA MULTIFAMILY GROUP WILL NOT SEND AN EQUIPMENT CHECK FOR DEPOSIT INTO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT FOR ANY REASON.
If you are a victim of an employment scam, the FBI recommends taking the following actions:
- Report the activity to the Internet Crime Complaint Center at www.ic3.gov or the FBI El Paso Office at (915) 832-5000.
- Report the activity to the website in which the job posting was listed.
- Report the activity to the company the cyber criminals impersonated.
- Contact your financial institution immediately upon discovering any fraudulent or suspicious activity and direct them to stop or reverse the transactions.
- Ask your financial institution to contact the corresponding financial institution where the fraudulent or suspicious transfer was sent.
If you believe you, or someone you know, is a victim of an employment scam, please contact the FBI El Paso Field Office at (915) 832-5000 or visit the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center at www.ic3.gov.